Departmental Assistant - Commercial Property
We are currently looking to recruit a Departmental Assistant/Legal Secretary, with some experience, in our Commercial Property department based in the Godalming office.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
The successful candidate will be required to provide direct support to his/her Fee Earner to enable them to operate effectively and professionally. This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities listed below. The candidate will be expected to use a high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To prepare correspondence and documents through audio typing and script
- Opening and closing files in accordance with the requirements of Lexcel
- To prepare post and enclosures for despatch.
- Accurate, efficient diary management.
- Co-ordination/planning of appointments.
- To provide support to other departmental assistants/legal secretaries as required.
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm's standards for client care.
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm's and client's documentation and information.
- Perform any other duties the Partners require.
If you are interested in applying for the above vacancy, please send your CV, together with a covering letter to Jeremy Barratt.