Departmental Assistant - Private Client - Competitive
Location: Dorking, Surrey
We are currently looking to recruit a Departmental Assistant/Legal Secretary at our Dorking Office in our Private Client Team, some experience is necessary.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
The successful candidate will be required to provide direct support to his/her Fee Earner to enable them to operate effectively. They should be able and to produce accurate, high quality typed work from audio and script using all Microsoft packages (Word & Excel). This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities listed below. The candidate will be expected to use a high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To prepare correspondence and documents through audio typing and script
- Opening and closing files in accordance with the requirements of Lexcel
- To prepare post and enclosures for despatch.
- To arrange for all copying to be done, in person if the designated person is not available to undertake the task.
- Accurate, efficient diary management.
- Co-ordination/planning of appointments.
- To prepare meeting rooms as necessary and for the tidying and clearance of the room at the end of the meeting.
- To provide refreshments when asked to do so.
- To provide support to other departmental assistants/legal secretaries as required.
- To provide guidance to less experienced and temporary departmental assistants/legal secretaries when required to do so.
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm's standards for client care.
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm's and client's documentation and information.
- Perform any other duties the Partners require.
If you are interested in applying for the above vacancy, please send your CV, together with a letter setting out why you think you are suitable for the role, by email to Jeremy Barratt