Departmental Assistant - Commercial Property
We are currently looking for an experienced Departmental Assistant in our Commercial Property department. Candidates with either commercial or residential experience will be considered
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
The successful candidate will be required to provide direct support to his/her Fee Earner to enable them to operate effectively and professionally. This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities listed below. The candidate will be expected to use a high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To prepare correspondence and documents through audio typing and script
- Opening and closing files in accordance with the requirements of Lexcel
- To prepare post and enclosures for despatch.
- Accurate, efficient diary management.
- Co-ordination/planning of appointments.
- To provide support to other departmental assistants/legal secretaries as required.
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm's standards for client care.
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm's and client's documentation and information.
- Perform any other duties the Partners require.
If you are interested in applying for the above vacancy, please send your CV, together with a covering letter to Jeremy Barratt.
What our People Say
' From day one I felt part of the Downs team. Not only was I made to feel very welcome, the support I have received from all levels has been second to none. The partners are accessible and open which encourages proactivity and good working relationships' .
'I been given the opportunity to develop my career and they encourage me taking the initiative. The role is very hands on learning which has given me exposure to an interesting and varied workload'.