Michael is the head of Property at Downs.
Michael has some 30 years experience of working with property in a commercial environment. He specialises in complex commercial property matters which often involve joint ventures, structured ownership schemes and finance arrangements, as well as development projects and a wide range of other property transactions.
His focus is on giving clear and concise advice intended to secure the commercial objectives of the client in the most cost effective manner. Other areas of practice include:
• The acquisition and sale of land and buildings
• The grant, renewal and variation of leases
• Property management arrangements
• Development work, to include planning agreements
• Advice on restrictive covenants and easements
• The resolution of property disputes (including dilapidations)
Recent matters include:
• The development as a joint venture of a shopping and leisure centre
• Lease work relating to the redevelopment of Tower Hill, London
• Restructuring a care home group and disposal of the resulting leases
• Acting for the lender on the refinance of a group providing nursery education
• Division of a holding to provide a shop, two flats and a residential development site