Joanna specialises in advising families and individuals on wills, inheritance tax planning, estate and trust administration. She also deals with issues relating to the elderly and powers of attorney.
Joanna's experience includes:
- Drafting wills and advising making them tax efficient as well as advising on wills to protect disabled beneficiaries.
- Advising on wills where the parties may be in a second relationship and have children from a prior relationship they wish to provide for.
- Administrating estates sensitively and efficiently and implementing post-death tax saving techniques wherever possible.
- Administrating estates with assets situated in other jurisdictions, including the United States, Dubai, Cyprus, New Zealand, Australia, Spain and Ireland.
- Advising families and individuals in relation to the creation of trusts and lifetime gifts in order to mitigate exposure of their estate to Inheritance Tax.
- Advising on the creation of Powers of Attorney to appoint someone to act on their behalf as and when a client is no longer able to deal with their finances.
- Preparing applications to the Court of Protection to appoint a Deputy.
Joanna is a Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).