GDPR Compliance Review - Are you ready?
With less than two months to go until the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force, are you and your business ready for the new requirements?
There are plenty of courses explaining the legalities of the GDPR and re-iterating that the fines can be up to 20 million euros or 4% of annual turnover, whichever is higher. We have found that our clients want to know what they need to do.
The GDPR requires employers to provide more detailed information to employees than the existing law. In most cases it is no longer sufficient to rely on employee consent as a basis for processing personal data.
Our team of experienced solicitors are therefore offering a package to help you ensure that your business is compliant. For a fixed fee we will:
- Attend your offices in Sussex, Surrey or London to conduct a full data review to identify what data your business processes, stores and uses;
- Review your practices and advise on the appropriate legal basis for processing the personal data you hold and use;
- Assist you in recording the compliance steps taken to demonstrate you are GDPR compliant;
- Provide practical solutions and advice on areas where changes are required and where further steps need to be undertaken; and
- Ensure you have the following relevant documents:
- Data Audit checklist;
- Updated Data Protection Policy;
- Privacy Notice;
- Employee consent forms, if applicable; and
- Guidance letter for you to send to your staff.
Please contact us and either Emily Kidd or Keith Potter will be happy to attend your office to conduct the audit for you.