Corporate Recovery & Restructuring
We are about resolution
Our highly experienced team of insolvency lawyers give you practical and timely advice on corporate recovery and restructuring at what is a critical time for most businesses.
Perhaps your business is having problems coping with its liabilities or recovering money from its debtors? Maybe stresses are showing between colleagues because of low profitability and constant fire fighting? It might simply be that you are worried about your personal liability and responsibilities? Whatever your reason, our lawyers can help you work out a way forward.
Our lawyers advise company directors, partners and other stakeholders on potential strategies and risk management options. We can introduce you to new sources of finance, advise on debt restructuring, and investigate forms of re-financing. We can also implement solvent restructurings, including reductions of capital and share buy-backs.
If refinancing options are not available, there are often formal and informal insolvency processes that can be employed, including administrations, receiverships, company voluntary arrangements and liquidations for companies and LLPs, and, for sole traders and partnerships, individual or partnership voluntary arrangements and administrations.
Where appropriate we will introduce you to, and work closely with, other professionals including insolvency practitioners, to make sure that you receive the best advice.
Experts in corporate recovery and restructuring, insolvency, bankruptcy and directors duties and responsibilities
Our lawyers are here to help you sensitively through what can be a difficult process. Our expertise includes:
- administration, receivership, company voluntary arrangements, liquidation and bankruptcy
- solvent restructuring
- debt restructuring, work outs and refinancing
- personal insolvency and partnership restructuring
- shareholder and partnership disputes
- directors duties and responsibilities
- directors disqualification, and
- re-use of prohibited company name or trading style
Working with insolvency practitioners
If you are an insolvency practitioner, you need experienced lawyers who make your task easier and more cost-effective. Understanding what you want to achieve, and the importance of practical action when you are running ‘up against the clock’, is key.
We bring together—in one team—property lawyers, employment specialists and dispute resolution experts so that we can give you a service that is as comprehensive as it is seamless. Our well-earned reputation for delivery means that you can count on us to be your partner in corporate recovery.
The team is recommended in Legal 500 for providing sound technical advice combined with a pragmatic and commercial approach.
Here is a list of the debt recovery services we provide:
- Initial advice on validity of claim and likelihood of recovery
- letters before action
- Electronic issue of Claim Forms via the County Court Bulk Centre
- Advice on Admissions, Defences or Counter claimntry of Judgment
- County Court and High Court Warrants
- Charging Orders
- Third Party Debt Orders
- Order to attend Court for Questioning
- Attachment of Earnings
- Orders for Sale
- Advice on issuing statutory demands, bankruptcy and winding-up petitions
- Representation at creditor meetings
Trace / asset enquiries
- Insolvency searches
- Database and property searches
- Tracing, employment and asset services
- Debt recovery (up to £100,000) Pricing – Debt Recovery