Simon, a partner in our Dispute team, specialises in disputes relating to land. He has spent the last 18 years practising in Surrey, after working for many years in London. He advises the owners and tenants of all types of property, large and small, and has extensive experience of:
- Commercial landlord and tenant disputes including lease renewals, dilapidations claims, rent reviews and the enforcement of covenants;
- The interpretation of contracts relating to land;
- Development disputes involving, in particular, the enforcement and modification of restrictive covenants;
- Adjoining owner disputes including allegations of trespass and nuisance; the establishment and enforcement of prescriptive rights of way and other easements; adverse possession claims; and boundary disputes;
- Evicting squatters;
- Residential landlord and tenant disputes including possession proceedings under the Housing and Rent Acts; long lease extensions; enfranchisement applications; and setting up right to manage companies;
- Professional negligence claims where poor advice has been given by solicitors or valuers or surveyors.
Simon has represented clients in all relevant courts and property tribunals and is a keen advocate of mediation.
He is a member of the Property Litigation Association.
“Simon Fulford is an exceptional lawyer who provides clear advice” – Chambers 2022.
“He is a highly competent litigator who is calm and popular with clients” – Chambers 2022.