We provide notary services.
Our Notaries provide services for individuals and businesses for their key documents to be used overseas. The notary can assist you with the authentication of documents for use abroad and advise on the legalisation requirements of foreign countries, including apostiles.
Help with powers of attorney, affidavits, oaths, statutory declarations and apostiles
Notaries are the oldest (and least known) branch of the legal profession in the UK. They are appointed by the Court of Faculties of the Archbishop of Canterbury and are regulated by the Master of the Faculties. The rules for notaries are similar to the rules that affect solicitors. The signature and seal of a notary verifies to the relevant authorities in a foreign country that the appropriate checks have been carried out and that your documents are authentic.
Our notary services include:
- authentication and certification of documents
- taking affidavits, oaths and statutory declarations
- verification of documents (including copies) such as passports
- authenticating business documents and transactions
- execution of documents relating to the purchase or sale of property or businesses abroad
- dealing with signature or execution of powers of attorney,
- and verification of identity
- completion of Land Registry ID1 forms
Laura Marchington practice as Independant Notary Publics to comply with the Notarial Practice Rules 2019.
For further information: