Divorce and Dissolution of Civil Partnerships

If your marriage or civil partnership has broken down, you may want to consider whether or not to start divorce proceedings.

You may be feeling anxious, angry or confused and are, therefore,unsure about the next steps.  Come and talk to one of our experienced divorce lawyers.  We will listen to your circumstances and help you to make a decision about whether or when to separate or divorce; and we will do all that we can to support you with clear, practical, no-nonsense advice to help you deal with these issues and the decisions you will have to make. We are fully committed to obtaining the best outcome for you, and your children.

Our divorce solicitors will encourage you to work with your ex-partner to achieve an amicable agreement through discussion and negotiation. It is important to find a solution that suits you both and one that allows you to maintain a civil relationship, which is important for you and any children moving forward.

If it is not possible to negotiate an amicable agreement, our experienced family solicitors have the knowledge and experience to represent you in Court and to ensure the best possible outcome is achieved for you and your children. 

However, before you can start proceedings to end your marriage or civil partnership you must have been married for at least one year and be able to show that your marriage/civil partnership has broken down irretrievably based on one of the following grounds:

  • Adultery
  • Unreasonable behaviour
  • Desertion
  • Two year separation with consent
  • Five year separation

Depending on the circumstances, we do offer a fixed fee divorce package.  Click here to find out more or talk to one of our experienced Divorce solicitors.

Our Team