Liz qualified in March 2023 with the firm and is a Solicitor in the Employment Department. Liz advises and supports businesses, senior executives and employees. She specialises in advising on a range of issues including:
- Reviewing, updating or drafting contracts of employment, consultancy agreements and staff handbooks.
- Advising upon changing terms and conditions of employment.
- Advising on restrictive covenants.
- Grievance, disciplinary and redundancy procedures.
- Resolving disputes and negotiating settlements including drafting settlement agreements/ COT3 agreements.
- All aspects of termination of employment and negotiating exits.
- Tribunal litigation, including but not limited to unfair dismissal, constructive dismissal, disability discrimination, sex discrimination (including pregnancy discrimination), race discrimination and unlawful deduction of wages.
- Advising employees on settlement agreements, including negotiating the terms of the settlement offers to achieve a more positive outcome.
Outside of work, Liz enjoys running and hiking. Liz and Fran also started the Downs Running Club to promote staff wellbeing and fitness. They go for weekly runs ranging in distance between 4-6km through Dorking.
“I was recommended Elizabeth Barrett by a friend who she had helped in a difficult employment situation. Liz was very approachable, friendly and explained everything in laymans terms, making sure I was 100% comfortable with the documents I was signing. I was very happy with the outcome and would not hesitate to appoint Liz again if I ever need her help in the future.” – 5* Google Review
“I was recommended Downs Solicitors by a friend and I was very pleased with the service they provided. Liz who worked on my case handled the matter with such care and sensitivity. Her due diligence meant that I was able to secure a more favourable outcome.” - 5* Google Review
“Liz (Elizabeth Barrett) was amazing, gave me good advice and help me understand the jargon I wasn't used to read. She was professional, sharp and friendly. I really appreciate her quick response, thus getting the procedures finalized quickly.” – 5* Google Review