Heather is experienced in a wide range of contentious and non-contentious employment law/HR issues. She is proficient at delivering high quality, concise, technical employment law advice supported by practical commercially and strategically aware solutions. Heather has represented employers (across numerous sectors) and employees with specific experience in relation to serious discrimination concerns. Heather has worked both in private practice and in-house (for 2 different insurance companies) and for an HR consultancy, which enabled her to gain hands-on HR experience, and which, rather uniquely, means she can truly act as an extension of an in-house HR team.
Heather provides support with
- reviewing and updating or drafting contracts of employment, consultancy agreements, company handbooks and a wide range of policies and procedures;
- advising upon changing terms and conditions of employment, fair dismissals, performance management, holiday pay, sickness absence, family friendly rights, TUPE and restrictive covenants and drafting an array of documentation/letters to support such employee relations matters/processes;
- managing and responding to subject access requests and drafting privacy notices;
- resolving disputes and negotiating settlements including drafting settlement agreements/ COT3 agreements;
- tribunal litigation, including but not limited to unfair dismissal, constructive dismissal, disability discrimination, sex discrimination (including pregnancy discrimination), race discrimination, unlawful deduction of wages, and failure to make long term incentive payments and bonus payments on redundancy.